Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mom's Birthday!

location: Nelson's ledges & friends house & Presque Ille



emotion: happy



First of all Happy Birthday Mommy!!!!! Best Mommy/Best Friend Ever! I enjoy watching chick flicks when it rains. Going to Walmart at 11:30 pm for stuff we need. Shopping in Mentor then eating at the Jade Tree. Cleaning super fast before someone comes over. Being there to talk too. None of these things would be the same without you! I love you!



I have had such a fun weekend! We went to Nelson Ledges on Saturday. I've been there a few times, but it a place that doesn't really get old. Very cool things to see there, like trees growing up though the rocks. We spent time at my friend Alli's house for a harvest party with neighborhood friends on Sunday afternoon and evening. All my buddies from the days of early homeschool and before where there! Some of us girls picked mini pine cones off this tree. I kept a few, not sure what I'll do with them but they look cute because they are so tiny. We went on a walk in the woods with a whole bunch of people. When we got back, I chatted with my friends who didn't go in the woods. My mom and I tried some yummy pecan tarts. I kept eating cookies when I was there. We were going to go see a movie for my mom's birthday but we missed the time so we just stayed at the party longer. Alli and I played a card game and colored a coloring book page when it started getting dark and buggy out.

Today for a fun Labor day/ Birthday Event we went to Presque Ille, up around Erie. It was the perfect day for the beach. We enjoyed a nice picnic lunch. Its been a while since all of us as a family have been at the beach together. :)

3 comments:

runnergirl© said...

What a fun time! haha. buddies? now you have some!
here's the list...
jt;1
ck;2
de;3
and don't forget...
je;4!!!
hope you had a good laugh! :)
-Meli

Anonymous said...

What a nice post, thanks for wishing me a happy b day. I had tons of fun with you running (pant-pant) at the beach, and then going to find the bathrooms afterwards, I second the buddy list! You're good for lots of laughs, especially the cotton haired wig dude:).

Jen said...

Glad you had a nice weekend with your family. Having a good relationship with your mom is something you will never, ever regret. Enjoy it!

Love,
Mrs. G