Friday, August 22, 2008

Blackberry Pie





location: kitchen

emotion: hungry

My brother, my mom and I went to visit my grandpa. His garden has been productive and my mom planned on getting a few vegetables. Nearby the garden was a blackberry patch, so Tim and I got containers to put berries into. I was wearing long sleeves so the prickers didn't scratch my skin but did stick to my sleeves. We got all the ones in the front and most of the good ones were in the back. I had an idea to find a stick and push over the front plants to get to the back ones. This worked for a little while until my grandpa came over. He just pull those pricker plants over and got right in the middle of the surrounding plants. Right to the juicy ones. In the end we had so many we could make a pie.

At my house we have a few blackberry plants but most of them are not ripe. I picked a few berries to add to the collection. So I was off to start the pie. Now I'm not the type of person that is real into baking. Usually its always Meli who bakes things but I wanted to. One thing I can do is follow a recipe at least. Of course a word might come up that I don't know. It really wasn't that bad making to and it turned out delicious. We ate it with whip cream on top (I would of taken a picture of a slice but we ate it before I remembered). I guess taking Home Ec. wasn't a waste of time after all.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful, homey thing to do. I love it!

Mrs. G

runnergirl© said...

I told you Mrs. Gorton would approve! :)
It was a good pie.
-Meli