Tuesday, August 5, 2008

second day of practice

location: at the track, loop around town, weight room



emotion: sore


Note: somehow this never got published, so its really from two days ago. I'm not sure how that happened.

Today the team meet at the track for a 800 meter warm up (2 times around the track) to start the wonderful second day of practice. The first day consisted of a enjoyable 6 mile = 1 hour long run with some hills and no shade. So by the 2nd day you can really feel the soreness from the day before. Lunges and a couple other things were added to our workouts. From there we went straight to the 4 mile loop around town and back.




During my run today I was thinking how much running is my thrapy, I think we all need some way to go to another world to think and deal with things that come up. Once I start running I think 'Oh is my form right? Am I breathing to hard? what am I going to do later today?' and before long I'm caught up in my own world.

4 comments:

runnergirl© said...

New shoes?
even I haven't seen these things.
haha. but, maybe you will wear them today at practice. Si wore hers yesterday.:)

Anonymous said...

"NO PAIN, NO GAIN" I think is the saying! Soon the soreness will be replaced by lots of firm enduring muscles! You'll be happy for it at the first meet. Only 17 days away!

Jen said...

That is how I feel about blogging! :-) I am glad you are enjoying the exercise and getting ready for the year at school.

Mrs. G

Jen said...

Okay - my other comment has disappeared in blogland. Hmmmm.

Glad you are enjoying the start of track. I get lost like that, too. With blogging. :-)

Mrs G.