Saturday, August 2, 2008

August has begun



location: by the creek


emotion: hopeful


The flower is one of the wildflowers in our creek. The are called Cardinal Flowers or Lobelia cardininalis. They are some what rare around here and some years they don't grow. This year we have a lot of them.
My mom and I went for a run and we were cheered on by a fellow blogger! 2.5 miles with a good amount of hills. It was such a nice day and a number of people were enjoying the out doors. Afterwards, we stopped at walmart. I got three black frames for my bedroom wall. Since I've changed my room around last there has been very little on the walls. I'm planning to pick some of my photos that I've taken to put in the frames. For now I cut out pictures from magazines so I can hang them up.
The month of August has arrived. I don't know if anyone else has noticed that it has no holidays. Maybe that's way most of the county fairs are then. I always look forward to going to the fair. I don't know if I have an exact reason but I just enjoy it.

2 comments:

runnergirl© said...

that flower is purty.
:)
haha.
oh, and I finally listened to the song on your myspace...I didn't like it.
I warned you I wouldn't.
bahumbug!

Jen said...

Love the flower info!

Keep running....:-))