Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!


location: outside in the sun


emotion: crazy


Happy 4th of July everyone! I've had a wonderful start to my day so far, a three mile run. Exercise does wonders I tell you. There is so many benefits from it. I need to start doing some ab workouts and some weight training. I used to be one of those girls that stayed as far as possible from sports. I did try in swim and gym and later in gym class at school. So I can't say I never tried. I just lacked coordination in most sports, so I turned to dancing. Dancing really was perfect for me. During my homeschool years I spent 4 to 5 1/2 hours a week at the Grange. For a while dancing was my sport.


A few years later I started thinking about running after I heard my freshman English college prep teacher, who also was a track coach, had thought that I should run cross country. Before that I almost signed up to be on the track team but in was more of an after thought. My french teacher asked me to help with stats at some of the little meets. I agreed and got the chance to see how it works. So the fall of my sophomore year I signed up for CC. I had no clue what I was getting my self into.


Yeah well here I am now spending my summer mornings running. I've been running since March with a short two week break in between track and cc. Now with my run over with I can enjoy all the wonderful things the rest of the day brings. I'm not realty sure what those things are since being at Grandma's put me a little out of the loop but I'm sure its something.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Running means sweating and sweating is right up there with mud...

Glad you are enjoying running. What a great way to see nature and exercise as well. I would imagine it allows for some great thinking/praying time as well.

Lvoe, Mrs. G

Anonymous said...

You've come a long way from those days! I'm looking forward to the upcoming season and seeing how all that training will pay off. As always remember your verse: "Run the race set before you..." You can do it!

runnergirl© said...

I like the picture.... a lot.
It looks like something off of photobucket.
:)
crazy daisy.