Wednesday, July 16, 2008

hot summer day

location: bike trail, friend's house, my house

emotion: happy but a bit warm

I started my day trying to pull myself out of bed. I finally did and ate a quick breakfast then out to run. My mom and brother wanted to walk on the bike trail so that's where I ran. I really had to push myself to move after 2 miles I think I only did 3 instead of 4 like I wanted. Yesterdays harder run soreness was kicking in. blah. Even running has good and bad days.

On the way home mom said we should stop and see our artist friend and her daughter Allie. We passed up the road that we normally take so we took a less traveled road that I only have been part of the way down. Allie answered the door and told us her mom was down at the other house. Allie's brother lives there but her mom's studio is in one of the rooms. When we got there Allie's mom was outside by the flower garden painting a sunflower. She asked if I had been painting (gulp no....feeling guilty). Allie and I went inside since it was cooler. We drank cream soda and she showed me around the basement. Since boys live there it was messy and Allie said she got roped into cleaning it the other day. We ended up inviting them over since it was a warm day. So the rest of the day was on and out of the pool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you are now inspired to paint! See, it takes being around another artist sometimes to get motivated. Can't wait to see what will come of it.

runnergirl© said...

You never told me that part. I had no clue (probably with all the 'other' happenings) that they came over.
SHUCKS. I missed going over there.(ph. E.) haha. The ironic part of this is Ph. E wanted to be a doctor. *laughs* [truly I don't care, but I do wish I could have seen alli and Mrs. E.