Friday, January 1, 2010





Eye shadow is my favorite type of make up. I love all the colors. They are so funny to play around with. I've tried golds to teals to purples to greens to black. Yes I have used black eye shadow! I wanted to write about some new things this year so I figured why not share some tips and stories.

I started wearing eye shadow when I was like 12 1/2. I remember the first time I used blue eye shadow at church and a lady said "oh blue!" Dark brown eyes with pale blue eye shadow might of worked better if I didn't wear light blue pants and a shirt to match. Oh the monochromatic look! I have come a long way since then. haha.

When I put on eye shadow I think of painting. To make some thing have more dimension you add more colors or shades of color. I like to use HIP eye shadow because they have two colors that are opposite of each other like chrome and teal.






1 comment:

Jen said...

I wish I knew how to use eye shadow properly. The pic on my dad's office wall from my senior year - I was wearing green. A lot of green. Now with glasses I feel like it would be lost if I wore it. Maybe if I get smaller glasses - a prayer for this year!

Missed you this morning. Your dad sounded awesome! Of course, so did your mom!

Love - Mrs. G