Friday, November 6, 2009

Impact




I have such a passion to see people's emptiness meet. I walk around everyday and see blank faces and it makes me wonder if they know that there is more to life. I read an internet post of how this guy thinks there is nobody to trust in the world. It really made me feel sad that people view life and other people in this way. Its not always easy but I try my hardest to just let my actions speak. Some of my non-Christian college friends know that I'm a Christian and I know that they watch how I react to things. Showing the love of Jesus to others is about the best thing that you can do.

Through out my teenage years I have seen a number of my close friends fall away. It is such a hard thing to go through. Friends that came from Christian homes, most were home-schooled, and seemed to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. All of a sudden they totally turn away and become whole different person. Most of these friends I don't see very much and certainly don't hear from them. It makes me ask the question, Lord what is happening to my generation? This week I heard from one of those friends and I hope that maybe we can re-mend the missing few years of our friendship. This is something I'll be keeping in my prayers.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Lauren,

Your words to Hanna a couple of years ago are oft quoted in our home. The encouragement to stay strong, to keep your eyes on Jesus even when others you love walk away...

I think much of what is happening is that there is much compromise in various areas - the Christian walk is self styled for many in an attempt to not look stuffy. However, freedom in Christ, as you know, is not at all stuffy or confining - if our desire is to bring glory and praise to Him in all we do.

Many parents also give their kids the false comfort that somehow faith is passed down and not personal to that child. Or give no direction as a child tries to 'find themself' in sinful ways. I know that is not the intent, but it happens. I have seen it try to worm its way into my own parenting.

I pray for you to daily have a great impact in the lives of those around you at college. They are seeing Jesus in you!

Much love,
Mrs. G

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.