Saturday, November 21, 2009

heart to heart conversations

Today I met up with an old friend who at one time was a very close friend. It was good to reconnect and chat over a cup of peppermint white chocolate mocha at starbucks. We both have changed so much. I mostly listened to what she had to say. I think we all need someone who we can just listen to. Someone who won't judge us or put us down. I know so much better how to pray for my friend. She really is in a place of just finding herself. She told me that some of the stuff that she is doing is messed up but what else is there to do. My heart just ached. She told me things that she didn't want anyone else to know. I feel good that I am someone that people can trust yet it is so hard to bear other people's secrets. I hope that I said the right things and that God will open the doors for other opportunities.

Last night I went to Pray+Praise=Unplugged. The name is self exclamatory. Basically a group of Christians from campus crusade for Christ got together for worship and then we broke off into little prayer groups. It was a good time and we were able to pray for some things that have been going on @ the university.

My Prayer:
Lord, I thank you for the heart you have given me for others. Give the words to say when I don't know what to say. Help me to continue to grow deeper in my relationship with you. Open the floodgates and let your Holy Spirit fill the hearts of those who are seeking you. Draw those back who have lost their way. Guide and lead me and I will follow.

2 comments:

View from the Parsonage said...

Dear Lauren,
I love your blog but more than that I love your heart. I hear the Lord in your musings and rejoice that you love Him with all your heart. I will continue to pray that God uses you mightily during this time at college. Keep on doing what you are doing, it makes a difference.
With Love,
Mrs. Sanders

Jen said...

Lauren,

I pray that you will have great wisdom as you offering a listening ear and heart to other girls. The Lord has given you such a gift to listen and really hear.

Lvoe - Mrs. G