Wednesday, February 17, 2010

sculpture class

This is what I looked like coming back from the studio at 11 pm. I had been working on my project all of class, which started at 6, and stayed after until I completed the step I was working on. I was covered in plaster, my hair was a mess, I had dark circles under my eyes and it was so fun! haha. It took a lot of time. I had to come up with a mold and make it out of corrugated plastic. Then I had to put duck tape around it to make sure there would be no leaks. I mixed up plaster which was so messy, I loved it. I had to wait awhile to let it sit and harden.
Then when I removed the mold and it looked like the picture above. I spent and addition +3 hours smoothing out parts. Then I carved these looping lines and rounded some of the edges. It is crazy the amount of time all of this takes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!


Mommy

Jen said...

You are so talented! I can barely get frosting on cupcakes in a mannerly fashion.

miss_lep said...

Thanks both of you! :)

runnergirl© said...

so now I see what all of those pictures were for. and this is the first time I saw that sculpture. by the way, a masterpiece classic is on the DVR calling your name! (: