Monday, December 29, 2008

winter cleaning

Thought of the day: Don't hold on to the past, you won't need that tube of gold lipstick in heaven

Today has been spent cleaning. My goal was to clean my room. I've been trying to organize all my things from Christmas. I was trying to put away my new clothes but I didn't have room in my closet. I took everything out and organized it better when I put things back in. I have a self unit in my closet. It has shelves in it and places to hang things. Its nice to have a lot of shelve space but I only have half the hanging space compared to if it was a standard closet. I found a lot of extra hangers that were taking up space. Its much better now.

The other place I cleaned out was my vanity/desk. It is an old computer desk that has been painted light green to match the rest of my furniture and I use it as a vanity. I went through my hair products and nail polish that was old and I never used. I have a makeup organizer that I store most of my makeup. I have more than what could fit in it. I found lip gloss and eyeshadow from when I was 12 and 13! That's like 5 years old...gross..! They went straight to the trash. How did I not think to toss them out before? I guess I never have time and I'm doing good on time if I even put any makeup on. So my work has made progress. Very few people have seen my room maybe it will be clean enough now! :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Lauren - you are a treasure! Just wanted to let you know that!

Mrs. G.

♥Miss Writer said...

Ewww. Old lipgloss and shadow huh? Grosssss!

I just recently cleaned and organized my room too. After it's all finished, it makes you just wanna stay in there, and not leave.

Happy New Year!

runnergirl© said...

haha.
just leaving some love...