Saturday, December 6, 2008

My debate

11 days til Christmas!

Ok I have been super busy that I just now have found time to sit down and write out a post to my blog! We got our Christmas decorations up today and I feel more in the Christmas spirit. Last night's progressive youth dinner was amazing! Thank you Mrs. K and Mrs. G! It was fun and we even got to squeeze in visiting the live nativity. It was a long day due to the fact I had to wake up at 6:30 on a Saturday to take my ACT for the last time. I managed to stay awake. We all had some hyper moments!

School has been keeping me very busy. All the teachers are trying to get tests and assignments in before Christmas. In Government we all have to debate. I debated embryonic stem cell research on Friday against one of my friends who wanted to go against some one she felt comfortable around. I spent two long nights working on it and tried to perfect it the best I could. For the debates the teacher doesn't grade us, our classmates do. We are graded by how we support our side by writing scores on a grade sheet. So we vote for the person with that, not for what side we are on. We also have to make a rebuttal and answer questions from our classmates. I was able to give an answer for every question that I was asked. At the end my teacher tallied that score sheets and said Lauren won 16 to 7. I was really happy. I went to look at the grade sheets and my teacher told me I have a different way when I speak and it was good. I wasn't sure if he meant my speaking voice or the way I worded my statements, either way I knew from the expression on his face it was a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to Go, Girl! God is smiling on you:).

runnergirl© said...

woohoo!
-mel.